Photo Credit – Domino Magazine
Our October pick for our Paper + Glass Book Club is Why Not Me? By comedian, actress, writer and superwoman Mindy Kaling. We just spent last night discussing Why Not Me? at our book club last night and I thought I would post our questions up here if anyone would like to discuss the book online or use our questions for their own book club.
Have you read Why Not Me? What did you think of the book? Please let me know in the comments section and give us your review! Here are my questions….
Why Not Me? Book Club Questions for Discussion
- Was there a life lesson you could relate to?
- Which essay did you like the most and why?
- Which essay did you dislike the most and why?
- What would you have wanted more of in Why Not Me?
- What do you think it is that makes Mindy so relatable?
- Have you read Mindy Kaling’s previous book? If so, which one did you like better and why?
- Do you watch The Mindy Project? How different is your perception of the real Mindy Kaling compare to Mindy on the series?
- If you didn’t know too much about who Mindy Kaling was – did you still enjoy the book?
- What did you think of Mindy’s typical workday? Is this something you could imagine for yourself?
- Let’s talk about the chapter ‘Player’. Have you ever known someone like Greta?
- Let’s talk about the Vanity Fair article where the writer focuses on Mindy’s calorie intake. Thoughts on this? Thoughts on how celeb women are treated by the media?
- Do you feel like you know Mindy after reading Why Not Me?
- Overall, how would you rate the book on a scale of 1-10?
Loved this? Stay tuned for our November book club pick!