Tag Archives: Pasta
A sponsored post. For ages 21 and up, please drink responsibly.
National Pinot Grigio Day is right around the corner, coming up THIS Friday May 26th and it’s a great way to kick-off Memorial Day Weekend. To celebrate, I am cooking up this delicious Roasted Garlic Farfalle Pasta with Bacon and Peas. (more…)
By: Lisa Ng
Spaghetti carbonara is a real treat.
I love ordering it when I’m at a restaurant, but it’s oh-so-simple to make at home. My secret? Use store-bought rotisserie chicken and shred it all down at home. I also buy fresh pasta (it cooks quickly) and pre-cut pancetta pieces to reduce the number of steps in this recipe.
High quality cream and fresh organic eggs help to create the perfect silky carbonara sauce. I like to serve it a side of sauteed broccolini with my carbonara pasta. The lemon zest and sprinkle of fresh parsley truly elevates the entire dish. Here’s the recipe: (more…)
By: Amanda Pereira
Eating healthy is always on my To-Do list. And I imagine it’s on nearly everyone’s wish list and resolutions and birthday goals. But it’s hard, especially with a full-time job, and a hungry belly and nothing but cereal in the pantry.
Getting home in time to cook can sometimes feel like an insurmountable obstacle, but it doesn’t have to be. Along with meal prep, which is becoming more and more popular across the internet, there are a host of easy meals that aren’t too taxing for your late evening.
My favourite go-to meal for hurried weeknight dinners is my veggie-heavy version of a classic one pot pasta. There are no firm rules here, just a commitment to lots of healthy fiber-rich vegetables, easy to cook pasta and very little clean up! See my recipe after the jump… (more…)
One of my favourite go-to weeknight meals is this Zucchini Ravioli Pasta recipe I have adapted from Real Simple. It’s easy, requires only a few ingredients and is packed full of flavour. I usually keep a pack of cheese ravioli in my freezer and I always have Parmesan cheese in my fridge. All you got to do is stop at the market for some zucchini, parsley and a pack of cherry tomatoes on your way home and you have a delicious and easy weeknight dinner. Here’s how it goes:
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound cheese ravioli
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil with a sprinkle of Kosher salt.
- Spread out your zucchini in a glass baking dish in a single layer.
- Using a second dish, spread out your tomatoes.
- Drizzle both dishes with olive oil.
- Add crushed red pepper to your zucchini dish, 2 cloves of garlic, 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Add 2 cloves of garlic to your tomato dish. Add additional spice if desired – I like using dried basil and oregano. Place in the oven at the same time as your zucchini until the tomatoes are soft and roasted through.
- When your water has come to a boil, add the ravioli and cook following directions. Usually when they float to the top, they are cooked through. Stir to prevent sticking.
- Place ravioli in a large serving bowl. Remove zucchini and tomates from the oven, add to the bowl along with half the parsley and the remaining cheese. Toss gently.
- Serve with the remaining parsley and more cheese (if desired).