Need a healthy lunch idea?
I’ve been trying to stay on the lookout for something I could make ahead of time and came across a recipe for vegan Quinoa Hand Rolls. It’s just seaweed nori paper stuffed with quinoa, fresh vegetables and sprouts. This recipe is super easy to assemble, just make sure you have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go. I modified the recipe to include my favourite vegetables and what I had at home.
I recommend making a big batch of these Quinoa Hand Rolls at the start of the week and having them on hand for lunch or a quick snack. You can find nori seaweed paper at most Asian grocery stores or in the International Foods aisle. I found mine at Whole Foods and they look something like this.
QUINOA HAND ROLLS
- 1 cup of cooked quinoa
- Nori sheets
- 1 English cucumber, cut into thin long strips
- 3 Carrots, peeled & cut into thin long strips
- 1 Avocado, sliced into strips
- 1 Package of Sprouts (I used radish for a peppery taste)
- Cilantro leaves to taste (optional)
- Toasted Sesame Seeds, for sprinkling
- Take a nori sheet and cut in half.
- Place the sheet shiny side down in the palm of your hand.
- Press a bit of quinoa into the nori sheet and spread it around.
- Lay flat a few strips of cucumber, carrots, avocado.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and add cilantro leaves.
- Tightly roll into a cone.
- Top with your Quinoa Hand Rolls with sprouts.
It takes a bit of practice, but you’ll get better with all the Quinoa Hand Rolls you make! My first couple cones were pretty sad looking, but they did get better.
Don’t forget to PIN to your Pinterest board to make later 🙂