I’ve been on a matcha kick lately. Especially with this latte recipe.
Having found myself with a ridiculously large bag of chia seeds that I bought from Costco, I decided to make a big batch of matcha chia pudding. First off, if you’re not familiar with matcha, it’s basically ground up green tea leaves that’s ground so fine that you can cook with it and eat it.
What I love about this recipe is that you can make it the night before and simply throw it in a cup or a bowl with a handful of berries, some shredded coconut and your choice of nuts. I like slivered almonds, but anything you have on hand will work!
Matcha contains caffeine, but it’s a nice steady and slow release. You don’t get the spike that you get with coffee and matcha is also full of antioxidants. This Matcha Chia Pudding recipe is great way to start your day. I find that the chia gives me lots of energy and keeps me full right up until lunch.
Here’s the recipe! Let me know what you think.
Matcha Chia Pudding
- 1.5 cups coconut milk (the kind you get in a box, not in a can) – I used this one
- 1.5 tablespoons of maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons of matcha powder
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I buy the one from Trader Joe’s)
- Toppings (optional) – raspberries, granola, slivered almonds, nuts, more coconut flakes
- Whisk together the coconut milk and matcha powder in a large glass container
- Add maple syrup and whisk
- Add chia seeds and coconut flakes and whisk until everything is mixed together
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Spoon into a bowl, glass or mason jar. Top with berries, more coconut or nuts.