Who doesn’t love egg tacos?
I’m all about weekend brunch and this is my go-to when I’m looking for something quick, healthy and satisfying. My Easy Egg Tacos can be as fancy or as simple as you like. Here’s how to make it happen:
- Organic corn tortillas
- Fresh salsa
- Pan fry the corn tortillas to warm them up and set aside
- Fry an egg in a non-stick pan until sunny-side up, put on top of your tortilla
- Add 2 tablespoons of fresh salsa per serving
- Chop up 1/2 of an avocado and add as much as you’d like to your egg tacos
- Roll up into taco form or keep it mess-free with a fork and knife!
Calories – 259 per serving (one tortilla, egg, 1/2 avocado, 2 tbsp of salsa)
Make it fancy by adding a small tossed salad or some cut fruit. If you have a bit more time, throw in some breakfast sausage, beans or even leftover meat and vegetables. If you prefer a less messy and runny egg taco, scramble your eggs instead and add some fresh peppers and onions to your fry up for a bit more flavour.
I buy the organic corn tortillas that come in the refrigerated section at Whole Foods. If you don’t use up the whole package for your egg tacos, you can freeze the tortillas, make chips or quesedillas for dinner.