St. Patrick’s Day is NEXT Tuesday March 17th!
I’m celebrating this weekend with this brunch recipe for Corned Beef + Hash with Eggs. I took a lot of shortcuts and used frozen pre-shredded hashbrowns and pre-packaged corned beef which I found at Trader Joe’s in the deli meats section. It really cuts down on preparation time an I highly recommend it.
Serve with a slice of toast and perhaps a dark coffee with some Bailey’s in it and get into the Irish spirit! If you don’t plan on making this for brunch, this recipe also works for dinner – serve with a salad and a Guinness.
Follow the jump for the recipe!
- 1 package frozen shredded hash browns, enough to cover the bottom of a large frying pan
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cups corned beef, cooked and chopped
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red chili pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F.
- Heat a large ovenproof non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook hash browns and onion until potatoes crisp up and the onion is soft, about 6-8 minutes, flipping once. Try not to move the hashbrowns around too much or you will get mashed potatoes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add corned beef and mix well.
- Make 8 wells in your mixture and then break an egg into each one.
- Add salt & pepper to your skillet and red chili pepper flakes (optional).
- Cover and bake for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are set. The eggs bake up quite fast because of the hot skillet, so do keep this in mind if you like a runny egg.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.