Welcome to September Book Club!
This month we are sharing discussion questions for The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. I’ve posted a few book club questions below that you can use for your own group, or if you’d like to discuss it with us in the comments!
Overall, I enjoyed this book and found a few helpful tips. I’m already a bit of a minimalist already and there were a couple things that I do already do. What I liked is how Marie Kondo gives you permission to get rid of things – it’s ok. If an item doesn’t spark joy, get rid of it! Only surround yourself with things you love – I mean who can’t get on-board with that? So let’s discuss!
Here are my The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up discussion questions below:
1) Which one of Marie Kondo’s tips had the most impact for you?
2) How much stuff did you get rid of after reading this book?
3) Which tip did you think was the most ridiculous?
4) Was there anything particularly difficult for you to get rid of?
5) Do you hold onto things because you feel guilty?
6)What do you think of her idea of an item ‘sparking joy’?
7) The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up is now a bestseller. Why do you think people are resonating so much with this book?
8) Do you think having less clutter can bring you happiness? Is there comfort in clutter?
9) Why do you think you have clutter?
10) Did anyone tidy while they read the book? Or did you do it all at once?
11) What are the cultural differences you noticed between Japan and the USA in this book?
12) Does any of this border on insanity or OCD?
13) Why do you think THIS book on de-cluttering is such a success over others?
14) Was this book life-changing for you in the end?
Did you read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up? What did you think of the book?
Loved This? See our Book Club Discussion Questions for The Girl on the Train!