By: Jessica Blaine Smith
TIFF buzz has taken over Toronto and the celebrity sightings are constant. One of the most fun aspects of TIFF is seeing all of the cool swag that the stars get when they come to town. Bask-It-Style by GLO Communications does things differently by bringing their swag bags directly to the celebrities in their hotel rooms.
Last week at a stunning private residence at the Shangri-La Hotel Toronto, I was lucky enough to check out all of the new products that they would be receiving this year. Here is what I am most excited about.
Doi Chaang Coffee
Doi Chaang Coffee dubs themselves as being beyond Fair Trade organic coffee. What they mean by this is that the growers of the coffee beans are actually 50% owners of the company. I love the way this company is run. I also love that Doi Chaang makes Keurig cups that are 90% biodegradable. Now why are more companies not making their K-cups this way? You can now find Doi Chaang Coffe at Longo’s, Sobeys and Fresh Co.
Jewellery designer Tamara Kronis was on-hand to show off some TIFF-worthy bling that Studio 1098 had made. Their new Wishbone Collection is a beautiful collection of sterling silver necklaces and cufflinks that has a significant portion of the proceeds going to CANFAR. CANFAR is the only charitable foundation that raises awareness to generate funds for Canadian research into all aspects of HIV and AIDS. Tamara was also showing their new collection featuring pieces with Marsala coloured gemstone. Marsala just happens to be the Pantone colour of the year.
I am loving what Warner’s is doing with their undergarments. The No Pinching No Problems underwear are fantastic. They are made in the same way that panty hose are so there are no seams. But what I was really excited to try was their bra that stated No More Underarm Bulge. The bra has a front enclosure, convertible straps and the fabric is laser-cut to minimize the number of seams. With all of these elements, it looks smoother under a t-shirt. No more bulges and I love that. Warner’s is available at Sears and the Bay.
Book, Books, Books
At the Bask-It-Style Lounge, I met two authors who have recently been published. The first was LC Moon who wrote a dark erotic triology called The BTS Project. We received the first book called A Bedtime Story. While LC Moon was writing the book, she let her sister, Lana Chacra, who is a musical composer in on the story. Lana instantly felt inspired. As a result, the book became a multimedia project involving a soundtrack.
I also had the pleasure of meeting Colin Campbell, the man behind Free Days with George. The book is about Colin’s life as he gets over the breakup of his marriage with the help of his newly adopted dog, George. It’s full of life lessons and I cannot wait to dive into it.
Old Tomorrow is a new beer that is being dubbed as a Canadian Pale Ale. They have only been brewing their beer for the past nine months and already they are winning lots of awards. Old Tomorrow combines and New World Hops. The result is a delicious full flavour beer. I love Pale Ales but what I don’t like is their high ABV. Old Tomorrow is only 4.9% so it is totally reasonable to have a couple.
Neutrogena had some great new products that I am excited to try out. Their Hydro Boost Gel Cream is a lightweight moisturizer that is a quick-absorbing gel but acts like a long-lasting cream. It will be great for winter. The Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye Cream has a promise to instantly wake up fatigued eyes and starts to reduce the look of dark circles in just one week.
The Instant Skin Refiner can be worn under makeup daily and helps smooth skin and the appearance of wrinkles and pores. It also acts as a sponge to absorb excess oil and therefore helping the skin stay shine-free. This may be my new favourite product. Finally, the Purifying Make-Up Removing Wipes should be a staple in everyone’s make-up bag. They work well and leave your skin feeling great.
WIN THIS! We’re giving one lucky winner in Canada the chance to win their very own Bask-It-Style Celebrity Swag Bag. Just enter using the Rafflcopter widget below, here are all the awesome things in this amazing prize pack valued at approx $700!
- Chatters Salon: Kenneth Bernard Quench Shampoo and Conditioner plus 30% discount cards – $15.95
- Doi Chaang Coffee: Beyond Fair Trade Organic Coffee – $12.99
- DK Publishing: Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Toronto – $16.00
- D.A.D Publishing: A Bedtime Story, L.C Moon – $13.99
- Green & Black’s Organic: White Chocolate bars, 70% Dark Chocolate bars and Milk Chocolate bars – $3.99
- Lise Watier: Rouge Fondant Suprême – $25.00 and Neiges Eau de toilette Roll-on – $29.00
- Me + You Bags: Celebrity gift bags sponsor – $34.99
- Neutrogena®: Purifying make-up removing wipes – $12.99, Hydro Boost™ gel cream – $24.99, Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye – $36.99, Healthy® Instant Skin Refiner – $24.99
- Natur-a: Enriched Organic fortified soy beverage – $2.99
- Old Tomorrow CPA: 473ml cans of Old Tomorrow CPA – $2.95
- Penguin Random House Canada: Free Days with George, Colin Campbell – $29.95
- Procter & Gamble: Meta Fibre Bar – $1.99-$2.99
- Warner’s: No Side Effects Bra – $40.00 and No Pinches, No Problem Panty – $12.00
- Calvin Klein: Liquid Cotton Polo – $49.99
- Simon and Schuster: Luckiest Girl Alive, Jessica Knoll – $19.99
- Simply 7 Snacks®: Quinoa Chips – $3.49-$3.99
- Studio1098: Marcella necklace – $250
- Starlight Children’s Foundation: Starlight Bear
Bask-It-Style contest closes Monday September 28th at 11:59 pm, no purchase necessary. Open to residents of Canada, ages 18 years and older. Prize must be accepted as awarded, we reserve the right to make substitutions if an item becomes unavailable. Winner has 48 hours after they are contacted to claim their prize or another winner will be chosen. Good luck!